RESOURCES

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Coolest Woodpecker Story to date!


Yesterday I was working at my desk in my home office. I heard tapping to my right, where the window is. It was time for Kevin to get home so I thought he might be tapping on the window. After finishing what I was typing I turned my head and there was a pileated woodpecker right there on the window sill pecking lightly at the window as if to get my attention. The window is only about 4 feet from where I sit so he was really close. I looked at him and he looked at me. I think he is my friend now. It was an awesome moment. I didn't want to move at first. When he went to a nearby tree I went for the camera but when I got back he was gone. Here is a picture of a pileated woodpecker. They are very large - about raven size.

I will never forget being visited by my woodpecker friend.

No comments: